The SMart Center is directed by Dr. Elisa Shipon-Blum (Dr. E), who specializes in treating children, teens, and young adults with Selective Mutism, social anxiety/shyness & related challenges. Our WHOLE PERSON approach is rooted in treating the whole individual, not just his or her mutism.
This philosophy led Dr. Shipon-Blum to develop the evidence-based Social Communication Anxiety Treatment® (S-CAT®), which has been used to successfully treat more than 6,000 individuals worldwide.
S-CAT® integrates components of behavioral-therapy, CBT, and an insight-oriented approach with intensive parent management (when relevant) to increase social communication and promote social confidence. The SMart Center provides an array of In-person and telehealth/virtual services:
1. Testing/Assessment Services: Psychological full batteries, educational testing, Autism Assessment and Diagnosis (ADOS-2, ADI-R), Speech & language testing, ADHD, Dyslexia, Developmental & Early Childhood, Neurological assessments, Educational testing (Learning Styles, Test Anxiety, Academic Achievement, I.Q. Testing, Gifted Program Evaluations, Private School Admission.
2. Individualized Treatment Programs: We offer 1, 2 and multi-day intensive programs and ‘jump start’ into treatment programs.
3. CommuniCamp, our intensive group treatment and parent training/support program. We offer 3+ day in-person camps and 1 day virtual camps.
4. School services: General School Training, student-specific case management, IEP/504 development.
5. Trainings for parents, support groups and treatment professionals on a variety of topics.
6. Online support and weekly groups for children/teens and adults.
Our network of providers include Dr. Elisa Shipon-Blum, Dr. William LaValle, Jennfier Brittingham LPC, Jenna Blum MS and many others. Visit our staff page to read more. Visit www.SelectiveMutismCenter.org for resources, research and more information.
** We offer financial assistance for individuals in need**