Dr. Shannan Edwards is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who provides comprehensive therapy services to children, adolescents, and adults. Dr. Edwards specializes in the treatment of anxiety disorders and social difficulties including social phobia, selective mutism, and social skill difficulties. Other areas of clinical focus include, grief and loss, mood disorders, adjustment issues, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and relationship issues. She also provides parent behavior management training and school consultation services to address attentional, emotional, behavioral, and/or social challenges in the school setting. Though her work is heavily influenced by cognitive behavioral therapy and interpersonal principles, Dr. Edwards is careful to tailor her therapy approach according to the unique circumstances and needs of each of her clients.
Dr. Edwards is committed to providing therapy services that are informed by the best available research evidence. In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Edwards is an active participant in the scientific community and has contributed to numerous federally-funded treatment outcome trials exploring the effectiveness of cognitive behavioral therapy interventions in the treatment of anxiety disorders. Dr. Edwards is currently investigating the long-term developmental implications of diminished glucose metabolism during infancy, with colleagues at the Emory University School of Medicine where she holds a position in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- 2010: Earned MA in Clinical Psychology from Georgia State University
- 2014: Completed Internship/Residency at the Virginia Treatment Center for Children-Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center
- 2015: Received PhD in Clinical Psychology from Georgia State University
- 2015: Completed Postdoctoral Clinical Psychology Fellowship at Emory University-Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- 2015: Obtained License to practice Psychology in the State of GA
Shannan Edwards, PhD
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
678-825-2320 Ext. 4
Anxiety Specialists of Atlanta
1360 Center Drive, Suite 200
Dunwoody, GA 30338